The overarching advantage of the best GPS fleet tracking is information that puts you in control. The ability to collect data historically and in real time means you never waste time wondering about the past and present activities of your fleet. Rather than calling your drivers and hoping they answer, you can simply glance at the live track screen, see how long they’ve been stopped, reference their schedule, send them a message, and see when they’ve acknowledge it. Rather than getting in an uncomfortable dispute with a customer or employee over time spent at a job site, you can simply pull a historical report and let the facts speak for themselves.
GPS fleet management software is based on creating customized scenarios that send out real time alerts or summarize information in historical reports that let you make the best use of your assets. All sorts of vehicle behaviors can be detected with GPS fleet tracking such as idling, speed, acceleration or braking, and even cargo temperature.
The best GPS fleet tracking systems benefit both you and your drivers. They give you the ability to stay one step ahead, improve the utilization, efficiency and health of your fleet, and improve your bottom line. Additionally, they can encourage safe driving habits among your staff, and help to keep them safe.
The Best GPS Fleet tracking Improves Your Bottom Line
Whether you are a small business looking to benefit from GPS fleet tracking or the manager of a larger fleet looking for areas of improvement, you can boost your company’s bottom line by cutting costs and increasing efficiency. The benefits are many.
- Reduce your fuel costs by monitoring speed and idling, and when used with GPS integrated fuel cards, monitor your fuel budget and discover any anomalies, saving your business money.
- Reduce your maintenance costs by getting alerts based on time, mileage, or engine hours to develop proactive vehicle maintenance routines, cutting the risk of costly repairs.
- Minimize labor costs by using tracking information to eliminate downtime and prevent dispatch inaccuracies.
- Improve customer satisfaction and the likelihood of keeping them by knowing where your vehicles are at all times. When someone calls and wants to know when to expect a delivery or whether a service vehicle is near, a simple mouse click will let you see if the vehicle is stopped or on the move, reference the driver’s schedule and give your customer a realistic and reliable timeline.
GPS Fleet Tracking Encourages Good Drivers and Keeps Them Safe
GPS fleet tracking can help keep your drivers safe and encourage good driving habits.
- Monitor traffic and weather on your drivers’ routes in real time. Stay one step ahead of inclement weather or traffic snarls, which your drivers will appreciate, and if there’s a breakdown or issue on the road, you can quickly find the driver and send help.
- Monitor driving behavior and let your drivers know you care about their safety. The latest generation of GPS tracking beacons comes with built-in accelerometers that detect harsh braking, rapid acceleration or cornering, and even near accident detection. When drivers know their actions are monitored, most work hard to follow the rules of the road. Good driving habits result in 42% less total maintenance costs and 54% less brake and tire repair costs, according to a report by Donlen.
- Protect your drivers from false claims by tracking vehicles locations, stops, and time spent where. This way if a customer complains no one showed up, you could prove he did.
- Reduce driver paperwork by making use of the hands-free mileage log. Tracking vehicle mileage with satellites and digital reminders saves time and hassle and reduces reporting mistakes.
GPS Fleet Tracking Help You Better Use Your Assets
Underutilized vehicles represent lost revenue. Improve your fleet productivity and efficiency with GPS fleet tracking that can pinpoint which assets are underperforming.
- Optimize routes with real time vehicle locations, live traffic conditions and on-the-fly rerouting capabilities. Tracking where your assets are and what they’re doing can lead to finding holes and better ways to route drivers, leading to more work orders being completed in a day.
- Improve utilization by using the best GPS fleet tracking system. The Aberdeen Group found that those who used such a system averaged an 8.4% average year-over-year improvement in utilization.
- Minimize unauthorized use by using “Geo Fences” to keep assets within geographical boundaries. If your vehicles enter or leave designated areas, you’ll get an alert.
Give Us a Call
If you’re interested in the enhancing the satisfaction of your customers, enabling your drivers to be safe ones, getting the most from your fleet and boosting your company’s bottom line, you need the best GPS fleet tracking system around. Nero Global Tracking can help you with this and we provide you a level of support that allows you to realize the benefits of GPS fleet tracking. Give us a call today and find out how we can help you stay in control of your vehicle fleet.